Monday, April 30, 2012

Mom's Apple Pie....The Paper Mixing Bowl and Swirlyhues challenge

Hello! I was asked to Guest Design for The Paper Mixing Bowl  
for May. I also used this for the Swirlyhues challenge over at Swirlydoo's .
 Here is the recipe:Recipe - Mom's Apple Pie

Here is what I came up with:
Since it was called Mom's Apple Pie I decided to do a layout of my Mom. She is pictured here at about 2 years old which would be 1925 and again graduating from high school and I think it was 1941. I always wondered what my Mom was like as a kid and young woman. From her picture albums I can get an idea! Some close ups:
Paint and mist was in the recipe so I misted a flourish and then painted it. A rub-on was also called for along with some weaving.
You get brownie points for handmade flowers!! So make some!
This is a poem my Mom wrote which I find inspirational. When I am feeling sorry for myself I read this and I get out of my funk!! My Mom has been gone for 8 years now and I still miss her so much. 
So head on over to this new and upcoming sketch site and join in on the fun!! Thank you for stopping by:

5 comments:

  1. wow lisa,
    this is so stunning amazing and so beautiful done awesome details too. big hug magi ozmagi

    ReplyDelete
  2. LISA, this is Gorgeous!! LOVE the butterfly and the flowers!! Love that you included your mom's poem onto the page!! Very nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful is this?! love the frame around the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore this layout Lisa! Thanks SO much for playing along with us as a Guest Designer at The Paper Mixing Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh Lisa.... Your SwirlyHues page is sooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete

New "Grab Bags" in the store..

Hi there, Hope everyone is having a fantastic day...Here in California we have not really had a winter yet...waiting on some most needed ra...